Thursday 31 December 2015

Christmas Sale Buys


I wasn't planning on picking anything up in the sales, but as these things usually go, bargains were too much to resist. It seems that the post-Christmas sales tend to be the best sales of the year, and there are bargains to be had everywhere! 

So it all started when I went bat-shit crazy in Lush on Boxing Day. I've never been lucky enough to bag any Lush sale bargains before, the site is notoriously buggy on sale days, and I've never been close to a store before, but this year I spent Christmas night at Con's house, a mere 10 minute walk from Lush. I didn't make it down there til after lunch so I missed the Christmas gift sets, but I went a bit nuts on the bath bomb front. I bought three each of Cinders and Yog Nog, which are my absolute favourites, a Holly Golightly Bubble bar, and Candy Mountain Bubble bar. The whole lot came to £16, total bargain.


If you thought I had the self restraint to resist the Starbucks sale, well, you'd be wrong. The coffee addiction is real people. Sadly, I missed out on the reindeer mug I'd been eyeballing, but I managed to grab the gold chevron latte mug I loved, and a pretty red star mug that I just couldn't resist (it was under £2.50 and I'm only human).


Also in the beauty department, I picked up the Urban Decay 24/7 Travel Liner Set in Cosmic for a third off. I love the Urban Decay liners, I very rarely use anything else, so this was the perfect chance to stock up on five very wearable shades. I also bagged the Nails Inc Be Gelous Kit, for £11 instead of £42 which I was pretty impressed with. I love the Nails Inc Gel polishes, and I know I will get a lot of wear out of all six of the shades in this kit.


Moving onto clothes, I couldn't resist this soft tee in the Mint Velvet Sale, emblazoned with the word 'Hygge'. I'm all about embracing the spirit of Hygge this season, so I jumped on this! It's incredibly soft, and it's a really flattering fit too, I know I'll wear this a bunch with my black skinny jeans on a day to day basis. Two more staples from Mango, I picked up a slouchy v neck thinner knit to pair with jeans on normal worky days, and a longer striped knit to pair with leggings. I love the button detail on the back of the longer knit, it adds a little something something!


The Victoria's Secret sale is ALWAYS worth popping into, I picked up another one of my favourite bras in black, it was half price and I love these for every day, they're so cosy! I also picked up a Pink baseball style tee for slouching around in, I love the blue and grey combo!


And finally, I struck gold in Hollister and spotted the sweater I've had my eye on for a while half price. I love these grey Hollister sweaters, they're incredibly soft and slouchy, so cosy and warm, the perfect weekend wardrobes staple! 

Did you find any bargains in the sales? 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Jaye Rockett. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig