Wednesday 13 January 2016

Currently Consuming #1



Instead of separately posting book reviews, music playlists and 'what I'm binge watching on Netflix' posts, I figured why not bundle the whole lot up into one round up post on the regular, so you can pick and choose your medium of choice.

Currently Reading: 'An Astronaut's Guide to Life on Earth' by Chris Hadfield.

Not just for the Astrophysics nerds like me, this book is full of really interesting insights to life as an astronaut, told by Chris Hadfield, who has made my fantasy dinner party list for sure. He's got a way of sharing stories that just makes me want to sit down and have a beer with him, you know? Anyway, Chris talks about lessons he learnt as an astronaut, and skills you need for the job, and how you can apply them to your normal, gravity bound life on planet Earth. It's got a really interesting perspective, and it's a nice, inspiring new year read.

Currently Listening To: X Ambassadors.

I discovered X Ambassasors by accident when I fell down one of those YouTube wormholes, where you find yourself watching videos of people chasing cats with cucumbers at 5am. Anyway, I'm totally in love with their album, particularly the tracks Gorgeous, Unsteady, Free & Lonely, and Renegades. They did a really awesome set at Upstate Sessions, and it's definitely worth a listen if you're into acoustic alternative tunes.

Currently Clicking On: Minimalist Blogs.

I'm feeling super inspired to declutter and minimise in all areas of my life, so I've been reading 101 different minimalist blogs. I've been searching the archives of Caroline's blog, watching all the capsule wardrobe videos I can get my hands on, and I'm going to use this printable to try and declutter a little this month! 

Currently Flicking Through: The Simple Things and Om Yoga.

I'm a total magazine junkie (so sue me, I'm a journalist after all), and I'm constantly discovering new favourites. I started reading The Simple Things back in September and fell in love with it's cosy and comforting content. As for Om Yoga, I pick this up whenever I feel like I need a boost of motivation to keep my practice going, and it does just the trick! 

Currently Watching: The US Office (again).

I haven't been able to concentrate on any heavy going TV stuff recently, what with everything going on with my Grandad, my brain hasn't been able to focus, so I've settled for rewatching The Office. Because there's no such thing as too much Dwight Schrute. 

What are you consuming right now? 

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Jaye Rockett. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig