Friday 22 January 2016

Let's Catch Up


Above is a picture of the happiness I felt when I took my first sip of a Madagascan Vanilla Latte at the new Starbucks Reserve in Seven Dials. Yes it was as magical as it sounds.

I figured it was about time we had a good chat and catch up, so prepare yourself for word vomit. It's coming.

It's been a manic two weeks being back in London, catching up with friends, having meetings & trying to get back on top of the mammoth work pile that built up whilst I had time off over December. I feel like I've barely had five minutes to breath, never mind update my blog.

It looks like this isn't going to be the happiest year in the Rockett household. My granddad's not doing so well, and his prognosis isn't great. He starts Chemo today, so any tips any of you can offer on supporting someone through chemo and making them more comfortable would be very much appreciated. Because of that I'm going to be spending a lot more time in Bournemouth over the next few months, so I can be there for my family and spend as much time with my granddad as possible.

It's funny how when crappy things happen it puts the rest of your life in perspective. I've been considering a big career change, and I've been on a total decluttering mission. I think everything that's happened over the last two months has really changed my perspective. Hopefully for the better, but right now it's kinda hard to be happy about much, everything comes with a grey cloud above. 

I've been spending a lot more time appreciating the simple little things in life - enjoying half an hour sat in a coffee shop without phones, just catching up with Con, a home cooked meal enjoyed curled up on the sofa watching reruns of The Office, and a beautiful sunrise on a cold, clear day. I've also been sorting out a lot of my stuff, to keep, donate and sell, so you can expect a big blog sale on my Beauty blog any day now. 


I decided to treat myself and Connor to a box of Krispy Kreme donuts last night to celebrate having a night off together, which was the best treat ever. I certainly had a moment stood at the till in Tesco though where I felt like I needed to reevaluate my life choices. When the woman saw my bottle of wine and box of donuts she exclaimed 'Oh off to a party are we?' instead of admitting 'no I'm going home to eat these in my pyjamas and reluctantly share them with my boyfriend' I just nodded shamefully. I adult so good. 

As far as my blogs go, well I've been having a bit of a think. I'm finding it hard to maintain both blogs to the standard I'd like right now, especially Bed In The Kitchen. I still love beauty, and I still want to write about it, but I'm thinking about combining my two blogs into a little hub of beauty, fashion and life stuff. I'll be sad to say bye to Bed In The Kitchen, but I feel like I've moved on from the place in my life where I started it, and where I am now, I just can't do it justice. I still love makeup and you won't find me giving it up anytime soon, but it's just not as big a part of my life anymore. What are your guy's thoughts?

So that's what's going on with me, what's going on with you? 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Jaye Rockett. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig