Sunday 15 November 2015

46/52 - Good People


It feels wrong to start this weekly post in any other way than addressing the atrocities that occurred in Paris on Friday night. It feels pointless to try and put into words how horrific these events are, but aside from the shock, anger and hurt that I've felt over the weekend, I'm so amazed and inspired by the actions of the good humans there are in this world. From messages of support across social media, to parisians opening their doors to those in need, and queuing in the streets to donate blood, the world is full of spectacular people, it's just a shame that it takes a terrorist attack for it to be obvious.

It's at times like these when it's most important to focus on the happy things, and appreciate them all the more. I've spent this weekend spending time with those I love, and reminding myself of all the wonderful things I have in my life.

And really, that's why I started my happy things posts, to make sure I was finding the good in every day, even when I felt shitty. And it does help. And I love looking back through these posts so much, because it's like a little diary of happy. In fact, I'd quite like to make a book of all the happy things from this year for me to look back at. 

So speaking of happy...


1. Festive snacks. Kinder chocolates with snowflake packaging, Turkey and Stuffing flavour crackers, and Gingerbread popcorn. It really is the most wonderful time of the year.

2. A homemade hot chocolate date with Con. I had a simple white chocolate, and he had chocolate orange, which tasted exactly like Terry's Chocolate Oranges. We topped them with whipped cream and marshmallows, and let it all melt into the drink, before sipping it snuggled up in bed whilst watching Netflix. A perfect evening, no?


3. Christmas has arrived at Ikea and it's looking pretty darn great. I picked up some festive baking supplies for a post coming soon, as well as some wrapping paper with copper accents. And of course the hot dog on the way out wasn't too bad either.

4. I was reunited with my girl Tami this week, for wonderings around Selfridges, dirty burgers and the Debenhams Christmas Party. This girl brings so much happiness into my life it's ridiculous, she feels less like a friend and more like a sister every time I see her.



5. A breakfast meeting date with Katy and Natasha. We spread ourselves out at Everbean and chatted about blogging and passion projects, whilst chowing down on tasty breakfast, and mainlining coffee. Despite the 6am wakeup call, it was worth it, and I loved wondering around Mayfair before the city had properly woken up.

6. I took Con along to his first ever blogging event this week, the Blogosphere Magazine party in Hoxton. The night was great, with good music, good company, and canapés and drinks flowing, but it was especially great to introduce Con to a different part of my life he doesn't normally see, and it was nice to see him relax away from his computer, even if it was only for an hour or two.


7. We spent an evening at Con's parents house, belatedly celebrating his birthday with homemade pizza, champagne and birthday cake. We have been so busy that we haven't seen them since November, so it was good to catch up for a couple of hours. They've moved since we last saw them, and their new house has a perfect room for snuggling up on the sofa in front of the fire to do some work!

8. A Friday afternoon working in Starbucks and a big box of treats to take home. The festive snackboxes are such good value for money, and super tasty too.


9. Getting to sleep in my own bed, in my own room. I miss home so much when I'm not here, but it makes being home so much sweeter.

10. My dad downloaded Snapchat this week and teaching him to use it has been completely hilarious. Queue me receiving a lot of selfies of my dad trying out the different effects. Bless him.


I hope that you and your loved ones are safe and well, and that if you take anything from the events in Paris this week, it's that we must appreciate the good things in our lives, because once we live in fear and sadness, they have one. Stay safe xxx
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Jaye Rockett. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig