Monday 4 January 2016

Christmas Day in Photographs


Connor and I exchanged presents in bed first thing in the morning before he headed off to open presents with his family, and I was very excited when the first gift I opened was a Daenerys Targaryen PopVinyl! I've been trying to track one of these down since my trip to Dubrovnik in July, so I was most impressed to unwrap one!


I don't really exchange cards with many people these days, I'm useless at remembering to post the darn things, but I loved how festive my chest of drawers looked with the cards and flowers! The big bunch of 'festive foliage' was a little gift from Con, and the pot plant was a supermarket find! 


I think Wispa was even more excited to open presents than us this year, whilst we ate breakfast, she perched on the presents waiting! 


Obligatory glass of bubbles to sip whilst opening presents! We always eat breakfast and get dressed before doing presents, so it was almost eleven by the time we gathered around the tree - a total acceptable time for champers! 


Christmas pudding socks on, I was totally ready to tackle the present mountain, as Chief disher-outer. Does anyone else assign someone to handing out presents, or is that just our parents? I filmed a little clip of my socks for my Christmas Day Vlog and when I edited the footage I realised you can see my sister's feet dancing in the corner, and it made me giggle so much! 


We are a strictly tinsel-free household, so there's always a risk the tree can look a little bare, but I think ours looked pretty majestic this year. I wanted to buy the fattest Norwegian Spruce you ever did see, but my dad insisted we go a size down (I think he was scared of my mum's reaction!). It turned out to be a good idea since this tree looked much bigger in our living room than it did in the tree place!


 Of course it's important to take 101 silly selfies on Christmas! This year is the first time both mine and my sister's boyfriend's joined us for Christmas lunch, and it was so lovely to have them about! 


 I think my eyes are always bigger than my belly when it comes to Christmas lunch, but I just wanted to eat it all! Except the sprouts, of course...


At this point I collapsed onto the floor in a food coma and had a little nap face down in the rug. Wispa had the same idea, and made herself a wrapping nest!

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas! x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Jaye Rockett. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig