Thursday 19 November 2015

Packing For A Long Weekend


Whilst I technically live in London full time, I'm always heading home for a long weekend when I can manage it. Whilst I have a few bits and pieces in my room back home, I still take all the essentials back, and I've gotten quite used to packing for my trips.

Last week I headed back home for a four day weekend, and I thought I'd snap the contents of my weekend bag to show you. The bag is from Oysho, and it's perfect for a few days away, plus I love how it looks! It's also made of fabric that's easy to wipe down, so perfect if like me you're super clumsy, or, you know, if you use it for it's intended purpose as a gym bag.

So this trip was four days, but it's the perfect mix of stuff for a cosy weekend at home, some shopping with my sister, and lots of hanging out with family. Nothing fancy here because it was a casual affair! 


 As aforementioned, I'm something of a clutz, so I tend to pack a spare, but one pair of jeans is definitely plenty for a long weekend. I took my Primark skinny burgandy jeans, and my favourite distressed Zara jeans. The burgandy jeans would have also worked for an evening if necessary! 


I tend to only pack a top for each day, so long as I have a jumper with me to cover up when I inevitably spill something. I took four tops (Zara, Mango, French Connection & Primark in that order!) and two thin knit jumpers to layer up with. The jumpers are from H&M and Zara, and I went for fairly neutral, autumnal colours so that they'd go with everything! It's easy to wear a jumper like this and swap necklaces or scarves for a different look if you're on a small baggage allowance.


 Other essentials include something to sleep in (I love Victoria's Secret's oversized sleep shirts, they're so comfortable) and enough socks and knickers for the trip popped into a little drawstring bag to preserve my modesty in case of bag explosions. I normally take two bras too, a comfortable, every day tshirt bra, and a nude bra that can be worn under anything.


I'd normally go heavy on the accessories, but since I knew I'd have no wild plans I just took a cosy hat, blanket scarf and some sunglasses (not that we saw the sun!).


Beauty wise, I try to keep things super streamlined and easy. Some makeup wipes for pre-cleanse makeup removal (I like the Simple Micellar Wipes), and a mini cleanser. A moisturiser I can use for day and night, and an eye cream that does the same, a face mask sachet, deodorant and perfume. Dry shampoo for my fringe, and the Percy and Reed No Oil Oil for taming flyaways and detangling wet hair with my Tangle Teezer. Makeup wise I just pop my current go to's into a bag, and we're done!

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Jaye Rockett. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig